Estimate and Schedule Work Sheets  (mike vergis - 07/30 11:14:09)

A long time ago I created an estimate format for general construction work. When I say a long time ago, I first created the format on a Commodore computer using the old 5 inch floppy disks.

The format includes seven parts and a worksheet.
1. Wage Rate Sheet that determines hourly pay rates for the general construction trades.
2. Takeoff Sheet that sets up the quantities being estimated.
3. Calculation Sheet that uses the takeoff quantities to determine totals.
4. Workforce Sheet that uses the Wage Rates from Sheet 1 and selects crew members for installation durations.
5. Unit Cost Sheet combines previous sheet information to arrive at the estimated cost of the takeoff quantities, material and labor.
6. Lump Sum Sheet that gets the total cost and also calculates budget cost numbers.
7. Equipment Cost Sheet for determining equipment use costs that can be included into the Lump Sum Sheet.
8. Work Sheet for writing in takeoff quantity information for Sheet 2.

The Unit Cost Sheet 5, also includes a method for determining Original Durations and Resource Costs for Schedule Purposes.

It is a nice Estimating and Scheduling computerized system using Excel formulas, etc.

However, it is somewhat complicated and consumes more time than most estimators want to spend in estimate preparations. Another however, once the first estimate is done, future estimates move much faster with simple takeoff changes.

Anyone interested in this estimating system in an Excel Format need only to ask and I will email you the system. This format uses general construction specification divisions only. The format can be adjusted to suit mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler, and electrical; but that would have to done by a MEPS estimator. There are many formats, i.e., formats are individual assemblies depending on the specific takeoff.

If interested in this estimating and scheduling format system, simply ask for a format such as concrete footings or formats on drywall and I would be happy to send. My email: mikevergis@yahoo.com

There are no obligations. I am simply getting old and it is always nice to leave something of value behind. College students in Construction Management will find some instructive information in the many various types of estimate that range from the GC divisions: Division 2 to 10.

reply to this post