Flaw #1  (mike vergis - 05/21 11:17:55)

Hi Bruce,
The focus on Predicting Start and Finish dates is in reality a focus on the Unpredictability of Start and Finish Dates. My message here is to convey the importance of work sequence in meeting timelines and physical percents within defined construction phases. These defined work phase periods are not to be considered as hard and unbending boundaries. Generally, the phases blend into the next phase and the tracking process is crucial as well as the basis of schedule reporting. The Make Work Ready concept is not new to the construction process nor are the LEAN principles new to the construction process. For the most part, the time honored Superintendents Daily Coordination Meetings pretty much guide the work plans and future timelines in order for all construction participants to have a timely and successful and profitable project. All in all, I think that you and I are basically on the same page.
I appreciate your commentary and look forward to other discussions and critiques. Hopefully, other schedulers will share their ideas and make this Discussion Board into a real discussion board.

reply to this post